Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 6:30 p.m.
“Is There Anything a Computer User Can Do To Avoid Contracting That Dreaded Virus?”
- Did you know that a single virus can infect upwards of 10 million users around the world!
- According to the latest FBI statistics on cybercrime, 52% of computer users (mostly from the business community) experienced some sort of unathorized use or intrusion of their computer systems. Of those unauthorized uses, 65% were virus attacks.
In other words, out of 1,000 computers, about 520 were subject to some sort of unauthorized use or attack.
- Out of those 520 computers, 65% of them were infected by viruses.
- This amounts to 338 computers out of every 1,000.
- Put another way, about 33.8%, or roughly a third, of all computers are victims of virus attacks each year.
Join us on the “Everything Lidia Radio Show” on Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 6:30 PM on WGBB 1240 AM or streaming live online at www.am1240wgbb.com when Lidia is joined by James Rocker, information systems expert and President and CEO of iNetworks located in Holbrook, NY and they discuss the nuts and bolts of your computer’s “health and well being.”
Learn about viruses, malware, security, hackers, and what steps you can take to have your computer run in tip top shape.